Laying the Groundwork
Using data to make decisions requires both technical skills and an organizational culture that is prepared to act on what is learned. TDC walks you through key considerations including:
- Formulating a question that is driven by the needs of your agency and answerable with available data;
- Determining the outcomes you wish to affect;
- Identifying necessary data elements and appropriate analyses;
- Estimating required resources; and
- Planning how to share what you learn.
Addressing these issues upfront, and adapting when needed, maximizes what you can get out of your data.